Monday, March 7, 2011

I Love Bunco

I love Bunco.  And Baby Showers, too, for that matter.  It's not that I get super excited to attend baby showers and I don't even know what a Bunco is, but what I do know is that when my clients are hosting these events in their homes they sometimes feel compelled to spruce the place up and back burner projects come to the forefront.  Projects like, say, window treatments.  And that's where I come in!  I spent a good chunk of my morning browsing a couple of my online fabric sources for another wonderful client of mine.  I'm helping her with the design and fabric selection for some valances in her kitchen.  Or panels, we haven't quite nailed it all down yet.  She's hosting Bunco in April so I have to work fast!  But I love a deadline.  And I love Bunco.

It never ceases to amaze me how many different fabric choices there are out there.  Thousands and thousands!  It used to cause sensory overload but I've looked at so many fabrics over the years I'm getting pretty good at knowing what I'm looking for and where to find it.  But it's still crazy that after browsing so many fabrics today, I'm down to a selection of maybe 5 good choices.  There are a LOT of ugly fabrics out there.  Kind of reminds me of dating...

Tonight Jeff and I got the kids together to write letters and draw pictures for an injured Marine.  Ben, my little artist, drew a pic of a knight fighting a dragon.  He can draw awesome dragons (thanks to Ed Emberly).



Kelsey drew purple princesses with stars and hearts.  Aiden and Jeff wrote very sweet letters.  And me?  I was cleaning the kitchen.  I am a schmuck.  But I did sign my name to Jeff's letter.  Maybe I will find some quiet time tomorrow to write a note before I mail everything off.  That would be the right thing to do.

So what is a Bunco anyway?

1 comment: