Friday, March 4, 2011

By popular request



So I've been told numerous times I need to start a blog. I have no idea why because my life is really boring. I spend most of my days walking past baskets full of laundry, both clean and dirty, like it's not there. Beds never get made, carpets don't get vacuumed, and toys never get picked up. I don't really have much of an excuse except for that I really hate doing it and I figure why bother because it's just going to get all messed up again once my kids get home from school right? I guess my friends enjoy my Facebook posts because I'm not afraid to tell it like it is. I'm a self-described crappy housewife and my crappiness seems to make people feel really good about themselves.

So what DO I do with my time? Well, I sew. Every minute that I can. I have a business creating custom window treatments, bedding, pillows, and whatever else I can dream up. I started sewing eight years ago and I discovered very quickly that I'm really good at it. I'm an engineer by training so all the math and planning involved with sewin
g doesn't bother me, in fact, I really enjoy it. And I don't need a lot of outside stimulation so I'm perfectly happy when I'm holed up by myself in my sewing room.

I'll let you guys in on my day in two parts, first the crappy housewife part. Actually, the crappy mother part. See, I discovered a couple weeks ago that I never took my daughter in for her 4 year old well visit at the pediatrician. She turned 4 last June. So early this morning I had the pleasure of taking her to receive no less than FIVE shots in her little legs. She was very brave but I know it hurt. So to make it up to her I took her to Starbucks for a fudge donut and vanilla milk. And that's all she had to eat until 3pm when I finally found time to feed her again. See I told you, crappy.

So the second part - I went by a client's house to photograph the beautiful dining room window treatments my trusty assistant Debbie and I installed yesterday! This client is so fun to work for because she has impeccable taste and picks beautiful fabrics, but she leaves the details up to me. So I get to exercise some creative license in the design of her window treatments. Everything we've done together has turned out beautifully so she makes me look good. Don't those pics look like they came out of a magazine?






No comments:

Post a Comment