Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Where the heck have I been? Sweating!

Ohmygosh, it's been since March since I was here last.  I told you I couldn't keep it up.  Summer with three kids home from school was, well, summer with three kids home from school.  I'm just glad it's over.  Maybe I have a bad attitude or maybe it was the 108+ degree weather we had around here!  Good Lord I thought it would never end!

With school being back in session, I'm super busy once again with all the volunteer duties I swore I would never over commit myself to.  But we all know how those things go.  I also said I would never get all crazy and wait in line for hours and hours to register my kid for Mothers Day Out, but ask me how that turned out.  Seriously though, being active in your child's school is a good thing if you have the time.  I think there's like a secret special list for super star Mom volunteers, and by gosh I want to be on it!  Plus it's really fun to have an excuse to pop in to my kids classes and embarrass them.  My oldest is the best because he'll actually try to pretend I'm not there.  It makes me feel good.

Ok, so really what I wanted to show you was one of the coolest ABK Couture projects we did over the summer.  It was another Bunco driven project (I love Bunco!!!).  This client had two huge windows in her family room.  The room just felt too stark and open.  She really wanted to anchor the room with panels.  Her taste is contemporary and she had recently ordered her furniture from I.O. Metro up here in Allen.  She wanted something bold and graphic and she preferred geometric prints.  So I found an amazing black and ivory lattice print fabric from Kravet (pattern is Jerry, color 81).  It has a great texture - a heavy basketweave cotton.  We decided on a grommet header for a contemporary look with shiny nickel hardware to go with her chrome lamp.  After looking at a couple of scenarios, we decided on doing three panels - two single widths at each end and a double width in the middle.  I am in love how this turned out.  I don't get to do contemporary very often so this was really really fun. Check it out:
Before...

After!


Nickel hardware and grommets

No comments:

Post a Comment